What if your school just said “yes” to inclusion?
How would students with and without autism benefit? How would you solve the challenges? What do great inclusive schools really look like? Paula Kluth has the answers and now they’re on one powerful DVD that will help make your school an inclusion success story.
Paula Kluth brings together more than a dozen of her colleagues for this complete professional development package on effective inclusion. Hosted by Paula and expanding on key lessons from her bestselling books and popular presentations, the 55-minute professional development video walks you through the what, why, and how of honoring and supporting all learners. Through clips of real teachers in successful inclusive classrooms and interviews with educators, administrators, a parent, and students, you’ll discover practical ways to:
- differentiate instruction
- nurture students’ social skills through peer supports
- improve school culture so all students are welcomed and included
- individualize objectives and standards
- make the most of each student’s gifts and interests
- use positive behavior supports
- presume competence
- strengthen partnerships between schools and families
- co-teach effectively
An ideal professional development resource for experienced educators and preservice teachers in K-12 classrooms, this package also includes a concise Facilitator’s Guide with sample professional development plans, helpful summaries of teaching strategies, more tips from educators, thought-provoking questions for group discussion, and practical forms and checklists to evaluate practices and plan supports.